Our Mission is “to promote the welfare and unity while strengthening the community of Southwest Houston (Alief).” We aim to empower, encourage, and equip the community as a whole one by creating awareness, events, programs, and opportunities that would help develop and increase our bond and unity. This allows the area residents to also impact our future generations, businesses, and community!
The History of Alief, Texas Houston, Texas’ International Community
Early settlement (1861–1917)
In 1861, Reynolds Reynolds claimed 1,250 acres (5.1 km2) of land near Brays Bayou. The land was sold to Jacamiah Seaman Daugherty in 1888 and in the following year, he allowed the San Antonio & Arkansas Pass Railway to build on his land. Daugherty sold his land in 1893 to Francis Meston who planned to engineer a community. Daugherty stayed to oversee land sales in Meston’s Houston office.
In 1894, the community was surveyed and recognized by Harris County. Surveyors named the town Dairy, Texas. The first two town settlers, Dr. John S. Magee and his wife, Alief Ozelda Magee, moved from Ellis County to Dairy the same year.